March 7, 2013

31 Good Things: 7

Okay.  There are definitely at least 31 Good Things I can write about.  But when the first thing you see when you wake from your slumber - on March 7th - is... snow.  again.  Well, that made it difficult to think of them.

Sure it's many hours later and the snow is trying to melt away - so let it go - right?

Ya but... I mean... from where I sit right now - I'm looking out the window and whereas on the lower South Hill, Downtown or Valley show virtually NO lingering signs of snow - there's STILL snow up here on the mountain.  Key word:  Mountain.  But still... <whining>. And from where I sit - as I peer out onto the road, there's this big blue recycle bin thingy that must get rolled into the garage.  While my neighbors' bins are all out on the road... I don't have the same excuse they have - that being: they are still at work.  My excuse is much like a cat who really has zero intention of walking around you to get to the nice cozy spot on the couch... They take the shortcut and walk over you.  I have ZERO intention of going out into the wet, gray, slushy cold when - the shortcut for me is to "let" The Dad pull up and bring it in.

I thought it was big of me to bring in the garbage bin when I got home from the gym this morning after doing some new exercises and equipment.  Then... at that time, there was still two inches of slush all over the driveway.  At best The Dad might step in a small puddle to get the blue bin in... yet as I look out upon the driveway, even it has dried up.

Mostly - I don't have a real valid excuse for not getting off my rear to bring in the bin.  My catlike instincts have kicked in and I'm pretty much okay with leaving it out there for someone else to take care of.

And those "catlike instincts", my friends - are 31 Good Things - #7.  

No comments:

Post a Comment