December 3, 2012

Kate Meet Fireball... Fireball... Meet Kate

These things may or may not have happened on Saturday, December 1, 2012:

  • 30+ people attended
  • 20 quarts of taco soup devoured
  • 5 cases of beer
  • 5 fifths of fireball
  • 1 gallon of fireball
  • 3 gallons of apple cider
  • 2 dozen hotwings
  • 2 dozen cupcakes
  • and much much more...
  • Shane passed out in the first quarter - Jeff and Jim lugged him back to his base camp (tailgate)
  • The music was popping
  • I may or may not have recorded Jeff, John and Wayne tearing down the tailgate... all in the dark, while talking and laughing with Dena.
  • I may or may not have hugged one too many people.
  • I may or may not remember taking Will & Brett down to the field for a photo opp with #7 after the game.
  • I may or may not have danced Gangnam Style
  • I laughed a ton.  
  • I broke a nail setting up giant jenga and didn't freak out
  • I clearly... clearly remember Wayne freaking out about not wanting to be mentioned on "The Blog".  He claims it's not a good thing.
  • I know I didn't eat... until well after it was too late for what Shane calls "sneaky evil bitch" (fireball) to sneak up on me!
  • I prayed on the toilet at the Inferno and tweeted about it.
  • I told #7 - I have a plan.
  • I took pictures.
  • I promised tacos at next weeks tailgate - (damn you Fireball! It's so much work.  But then... I love feeding these boys.)
  • I tossed my cookies.  Yep.  Twice.  Proud moment.  Not so much.
  • I came.  I saw.  I conquered.
And then...  even with all of that...  there was this:


This tweet made the 11 hour, over and back trip to Seattle on Sunday - for the parents Holiday Open House at Phi Gamma Delta to see... this tree (see below)... and Wack, of course... much more bareable!  It was a great tailgate - best one ever.  The Dad and I laughed and talked and relived it all the way to Seattle... and half way back!

This tree is INSIDE the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment