December 7, 2012

Herbie Can Kiss My A**

I hate sneezing.  I hate on hate getting the hiccups.  I hate even more... not being able to breathe because of a cold.  The sh*t I can't control, I hate.  Stands to reason.

I left the school district a year and a half ago and since then, I *thought* I was getting my "annual" sinus infection once.  Mostly, for about 6 years now, I don't get colds.  I get an automatic, don't pass go, don't collect three boxes of kleenex - full on sinus infection.  It's gotten to the point that mostly I just have to call in to the doc, say "I have my yearly sinus infection." and BOOM! Just like that - I have a Zpak at the pharmacy in my name.

So it's been a good year and a half with a slight "scare" before our last trip to Cabo.  

And then...  yesterday... I started sneezing.  Now, that's usually the precursor to the sinus infection and mostly, for me - that means crap just draining down my throat.  But I can breathe, don't need tissues and my energy is pretty much the same.  But yesterday - as I lay down on the massage table for my appointment to work out some knots and relax and work on my lower back - I find almost immediately I can't breathe.  So what's supposed to be a relaxing affair, turns out to be mental anguish.  For 55 minutes. Crap.

Get home and am losing steam.  But I've got a cake to make for #7's birthday dinner out in Cheney, a dinner to host at Gatto's for his birthday in Cheney and needed to stay awake when we got home so I could hear Blue Eyes show on kugr radio!  Once upon a time when they made actifed - those were the charm.  The dried my sinuses right up and I didn't get drowsy.  But thanks to the meth heads out there, there is no actifed anymore.  Or not a kind that works.  So I took some sudaphedrine thing that The Dad pulled down out of the cabinet.  It dried me right up, made me downright tired and a little light headed.

The good news last night - was that I woke right back up as we met #7, VLB, AK, BK and 10 other EWU "family members" for pizza and fun!  We closed down Gattos (Shout out to Gattos staff for letting us stay past closing time), went to #7's house for cake and presents and home we came in a hurry!

The Dad was wanting to start on his music playlist for the tailgate and listen to Blue Eyes show.  I was breathing better, nose not dripping but it was wearing off, I could tell.  

So - fast forward to this morning.  Can't breathe.  Didn't sleep well.  Just took the last sudaphedrine thingy - already used a half a box of kleenex and all I intend to do today is blame the damn dentist!  Or... the hygienist that is.  Had I not gone to the dentist the beginning of this week - when I really didn't want to go in the first place - I am quite certain I would NOT have this cold!  COLD!  I would prefer the damn sinus infection because it really doesn't affect me (mentally) as bad as a stupid cold!



EFF!

1 comment: