December 13, 2012

I Can't Sleep

It's been a busy fall.  A busy... busy fall.

Prepping for home game tailgates starts as soon as the tailgate on Saturday ends!  This week had me nursing an all out sinus infection with little energy to do anything other than drool once I could breathe through my nose.  Oh yea... and uh... there's that little thing called "Christmas shopping" that has to get done at some point.

So the antibiotics started kicking in and knowing all that needs to be done - I must have pushed it.  Pushed the crap nestled in my left cheekbone... right on over to the ride side by making us go do some shopping last night.  So... that's swell.

And tonight - though I'm tired and feel like I should hit the hay - I had stuff to do.  The boys are headed home tomorrow.  Wack, Blue Eyes... so sheets were washed, lights were hung, lightbulbs changed, carpets vacuumed, dressers dusted.  The tradition of getting the flannel "Rudolph" sheets on Wacks bed does not end because he lives in Seattle now.  Besides, I know that kid is going to give those sheets plenty of sleep attention over his first college break!  I needed to pick up the office, order some things for our 40+ tailgate "participants" this weekend, send directions to "new" attendees and write the Christmas "letter" that is attached to our yearly "card".  The toilets are clean, the soap is restocked, but the cereal isn't... just yet.

"Greys" has my attention now and something else will after this - I haven't been sleeping well.  It could be that each week we are preparing for what could be "the last game" of the season.  The last game.  It could be because of jobs, Christmas, the next college semester/quarter bills on the horizon.  It could be because the Sinus Infection Fairy decided to bless me this holiday season.  Or that two of three hounds lay at my feet and should I try to move, there's no space to do so.  It isn't The Dads snoring, though once I awaken - that does prove to be problematic...

I guess we'll know if it's EWU football related, rather, tailgate prepping related - after this Saturday.

But for now - two sleeps until Tailgate Spot 41, EWU Football and Go Eags activites commence!


No comments:

Post a Comment