January 24, 2013

In A Funk.

It's not usually difficult for me to find words to put here.  Something usually happens to "help" me find the topic to address in this little social media world most days.  In fact, even on the days I haven't written - I usually say out loud at least three times "That's what I'll write about."  

I was up at 5 this morning.  Couldn't sleep.  I put a new app on my phone - a fitness "buddy" app.  I played around with it until my phone alerted me, in bed, that my power was down to 20%.  I placed the phone back on the nightstand and waited for The Dad to start his morning moves and noises... which actually don't start before Boone's "time to eat" circus.

Eventually that all happened and I was up earlier than I have been as of late - and off to the club earlier than the new "usual."  I had a list of things I wanted to attack today and was fired up to get to them when I got home from the gym.  I applied myself and got a few done and then the time just vanished into thin air.  The Dad was home for lunch, I had just gotten cleaned up after cleaning the bathroom, folding laundry and mostly - staring blindly at my blank screen trying to think of anything that I could write here today.  

It's actually not that I don't have something I could write about.  It's that what I could write about - I can't write about.  Yeh... I know.  Right?  

I take that back.  There's some more insignificant topics I could write about:  We finished "Sons of Anarchy".  I'd actually read an article prior to starting the series so I was expecting what happened - so I mostly don't care.  I was looking at a bike ride website the other day, airlines and airfares for the Cabo trip for The Dad, Blue Eyes, Suze and myself - created my 2013 files, am making an appetizer for the game tonight that we're going to watch with friends - but I've, for the immediate time being, lost the desire.  It's gone and I'm impartial to all of it right now.  

This too, shall pass.

I 'funking' hope so.  Best if I just put my energy into Cabo planning.  I'll try to put that hat back on tomorrow and see where it gets me.








No comments:

Post a Comment