November 29, 2012

The Dad Turns 45!

It's been a heckuva day...

The Dad woke up a year older... $16 dollars richer thanks to his wifes (yours truly) picks for the Powerball.  (Got the powerball on two of 5 tickets and two numbers right on the power ball lines.  While I'm sure to pocket the winnings (I picked the numbers anyhow) I allowed him to feel like a big Powerball winner!

While he shimmied off to his sort of work - I made a visit to Inland Imaging for the 4th "test" of several for some miscellaneous back pains, to find out hours later that I've got a kidney stone floating around in my left kidney... though according to them, NOT the source of my pains.  But... it's what happened AFTER my ultrasound, shortly after my arrival back at work that really kickstarted The Dads' birthday - for me personally.

Not feeling great thanks to the abundance of "Take a deep breath.  Hold it for as long as you can.  Okay... go ahead and breathe."  from the tests this A.M., I was sitting at my desk, trying to get to everything I missed while out yesterday only to have the A/R gal walk to my desk with a box and say "Somebody loves you...." and put the box down.  

I have gotten flowers at work... but never a box.  I didn't even pay attention to what the box said, I was mostly looking for a sign of where it came from... who - it came from.  I opened it up and found an ice pack keeping its contents cool and was simply perplexed, but trodded on.  I found a card.  A card I will keep and that one day my boys will go through a box and say "Why did mom keep this?" as they toss it into the "Can go" pile...  It was a note from My Pat's (and Robins' too, sigh), sister Lynn - thanking me for 525,600 minutes.  Took my breath away.  Without knowing what lay beneath the padding, my heart was touched and that was all it took to draw my mind away from the persistent back pain that's been plaguing me for several weeks.  

And if that wasn't enough...  I then opened the box.  There they were.  Begging me to adore them.  All 12 of them.  I immediately sent a picture to The Dad to tell him I would share them with him.  I did.  Though I've had more than him.  After all, they are a fruit.  Last night - the scheduler with I.I. told me to eat fruits and vegetables for dinner.  I followed those instructions then... and then again today, with a bit of a twist.
I knew as we headed to Clinkerdaggers tonight that I might have gone one berry, perhaps two, too many today.  I know now that my berries should not be mixed with Clinkerdaggers oh so rich food.  Oh so rich, and oh so good... entree's.  I'm paying for the berries, the shrimp, the artichoke/crab dip, the pea salad...

But though I sit here with a package of cherry creme Gas X on my lap, chewing the little pink tablets like they were lifesavers (which, ironically, they ARE) the berries, the dinner, the fun table conversation with #7 and VLB who joined us, the AirRadioOffense radio show, the unexpected texts from Wack made The Dads 45th birthday, his best one yet - for ME.



No comments:

Post a Comment